The faculty has been able to substantially increase the percentage of junior researchers, in particular by providing support with submissions for SNSF professorships and ERC Starting and Consolidator Grants. The faculty also supports junior researchers from its own funds via the following mechanisms:
- Supporting the departments with the creation of assistant professorships;
- Supporting the departments with the creation of individual part-time professorships and adjunct professorships for external junior researchers;
- Improving the standing of adjunct professors (independence from professorial chairs);
- Posting part-time professorial positions.
Research funding at UZH's Faculty of Science is awarded in the form of personal or project funding. It is designed to support junior, advanced, and established researchers. Particular weight is given to the promotion of junior scholars.
Funding opportunities for junior academics:
- UZH Research Fund
- Swiss National Science Foundation: Outgoing Fellowships
- Swiss National Science Foundation: Ambizione
- Swiss National Science Foundation: Externally Funded Assistant Professorships
Funding for Projects
- Swiss National Science Foundation: Funding for Projects
- Foundation for Research in Science and the Humanities at UZH
- Other foundations and funds
- Advancement of women
- EU programs
Please follow the links on the side for more information about the individual programs.
Committee for Academic Career Development
The UZH Committee for Academic Career Development and the Research Committee of the Swiss National Science Foundation at the University of Zurich are made up of representatives of the seven faculties, the privatdozents, and the students. The Faculty of Science representative is Prof. Dr. Thierry Hennet.
Prof. Dr. Thierry Hennet
Institute of Physiology
Phone: +41 44 635 50 80
E-mail: thennet (at) access.uzh.ch