Many researchers are using and designing computer algorithms on a daily basis. Therefore they come across questions like
- How can I efficiently test if my code does what it should do?
- How can I improve the performance of my code?
- What are ways to improve the development of code in a collaborative environment?
- How can I efficiently handle my data and perform scientific analysis?
- How can I use existing C++ code in Python?
This course gives answers to those and other questions about software engineering tasks for scientists. A thorough knowledge of techniques in scientific programming helps to spend less time coding and more time doing actual research.
All lectures are accompanied by hands-on sessions to try out the discussed methods and techniques.
Information and application at https://www.physik.uzh.ch/~python
Application Deadline: 31 March 2021